Part 1:
My writing thus far has only improved because I didn't write and so the fact that I am writing now is an improvement. I have learned that I truly enjoy writing and want to take more classes for it in the future. So if anything from writing I have learned that I enjoy it. The writing exercise I believe has been my best has been my form poem. I felt I packed a punch into a small amount of writing and conveyed my feeling thoroughly. In my reading awareness I have learned that sometimes for the writer things come out of the blue and they are just as surprising for them as they are for reader. For the last few weeks my goals are to challenge myself in my writing, learn what I enjoy writing and don't enjoy, and to continue to try and find my own voice. I am aware that these goals will most likely not be accomplished in five weeks, however I hope to be able to take a step or two into the direction of me completing them.
Part 2:
1) Trying to think of a fictional character that means the most to me was very difficult but I have settled on Jacky Faber, the main character from the Bloody Jack series by L.A Meyer. In these books she has lost her family while young, learned to survive as an orphan, gained an education, started a worldwide business and traveled the world. She is a quick learner, adventurous, witty, clever, as though scared a lot, she pushes through her fears because she knows that she has to. She knew she wasn't perfect and admitted that very often, but she knew who she was and accepted the consequences of her actions when she had to. She is not the most perfect role model, but reading her stories have never failed to make me smile, not matter what else has been going on in life.
2) The movie I am going to recommend is Good Will Hunting. I just recently watch this movie about two weeks ago and have watched it two or three times since. It's a drama but not a sappy, sad drama. It's a drama about a young intelligent man's life and figuring out who he is. The dialog is great, as is the directing and acting itself. It stars very young Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, and Robin Williams too. It is a bit intense but you feel a happy contentment at the end which I find nice. It is kinda long, like 2.5 hours but worth every minute. Heres the movie cover:
Side note: The movie started as a college assignment for Ben and Matt. They had to make a 1-scene play and few years and money to make it later... Voila! This was created.
I love Good Will Hunting! It's been a couple years since I've seen it, but I should definitely watch it again soon. Since this class, I have started enjoying writing a lot more, too. I've always wanted to try poetry and fiction, but never pushed myself into it, so I'm glad I finally did.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you aren't much of a writer! Your work has come out amazing, like you have been writing all your life! I heard L.A. Writer is a great writer so I will defiantly check it out! I also love Good Will Hunting! Robin Williams was an amazing actor, he was able to become his character smoothly!
ReplyDelete