Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Journal Seven By Megan Wittkopf

Part one:

I love my short-short story exercise with the picture. I love this story because I was able to make the story and characters relatable. I also love how I was able to show a life span through the story. When reading and writing now I am more aware of making a setting known in my stories. While reading I can picture the rise, resolution, and conflicts. I love knowing more terms like indirect and direct dialogue. Something I didn't know was short-short stories and learning about them, they have become my favorite type of writing (other than poetry). My goals for the last five weeks is to make my writing stronger and thicker (more detail). I have never written non-fiction fiction, so I am excited to learn about it. My final goal is to make my portfolio, I am very excited to have my work bind together and to show my family. My final goal is to go back and fix my work so it is perfected for the portfolio.

Part two:

1. My fictional character is Ponyboy from The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton. Ponyboy is my favorite because I love how genuine he is. Ponyboy and his friends grow up as street boys who learn through tough lessons (fights on the street, stealing, death). I love all of S.E. Hinton's books because she began writing at 16 years old.
2. I LOVE James Dean. Rebel Without a Cause is amazing. I had to write a paper about it my junior year and looking deeper into the plot Rebel Without a Cause is emotionally deep. Jim Stark (James Dean) is a rebellious teenager because of his life at home (parent's fighting) and takes on the role as a role model for Plato without knowing.  Jim also falls in love with Judy (Natalie Wood) because he is searching for the love his family doesn't give him. Jim always feels like he needs to prove himself by accepting dangerous challenges from other people (Chickie and racing). I love this movie because James Dean was an amazing actor and can speak to you through all of his body movements ( I also may think this because I am overly obsessed. haha)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRgAXU1-T4 (Trailer just in case you've never seen it)

HE IS SO HANDSOME!

2 comments:

  1. The exercise with the picture was my favorite, too. I had a lot of fun being able to first visualize the person who I was going to take on the voice of and then create a story about their life. The Outsiders is a really great movie and book! And I will be taking up your recommendation to watch Rebel Without A Cause, I've never heard of anyone disliking that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you found something else that you enjoy writing near the excitement level of poetry! It's always nice to find something else you can enjoy. I really liked reading The Outsiders in school. It was one of the books I remember reading and thinking "This is enjoyable" because typically books for school stink. Though I haven't seen Rebel without a Cause, I hope to see it soon! Also thanks for posting the trailer, that is helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.