Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Journal Two from Megan Wittkopf

I'm Megan Wittkopf! I love turtles, buffalo's, and cats. I have two babies, Jasmine and Binx. Yes, they're cats...but I treat them like my children. I love concerts (I'll be seeing Bush in February), and laying on the couch. I work at Dewey's Pizza in Dublin, if you're looking for a job we're hiring in the kitchen! The pizza is amazing if you have never been. I love the Green Lantern pizza: Red sauce, minced garlic, light moz, goat cheese, mushrooms, artichokes, and pesto! Sounds amazing right? I'll see you soon :). I am also studying to be a nursing student, but not here! I'll be transferring to Chamberlain School of Nursing and graduating there! If I am not studying I am reading Dean Koontz or Stephan King.

What struck me in the textbook was lyric poems. I write a poems when I have any free time. I always thought I wrote in free verse but now that I recall I write lyric poems. Lyric poem is "any fairly short, non-narrative poem presenting a single speaker who expresses a state of mind or process of thought or feeling". This is very open of me, but I write better when I am down or upset. Most of my poems are not very happy. But they are short and express my state of mind. I also really enjoy how the author writes. It sounds like someone is speaking to me instead of trying to dissect what they are trying to say.

I enjoyed the poem, How Trust Works. You can feel a sense of depression in the poem, even though it seems like it will be a poem of advice from a grandmother. The poem also speaks about how even though you've been warned it is hard for a girl to live by the advice if you are in love. You want to trust people, which makes us foolish girls. The boyfriend left at the end because men are stereo-typically not as foolish and listened to the advice given by his grandma. I've seen this through some of the people close to me. they love whom ever they are with despite the warning and then the man hears a warning about her and leaves.

3 comments:

  1. Megan, I want to try that pizza as it sounds fantastic! On the pets, I'm more of a dog person than a cat but I've come to appreciate cats in my neighborhood because I've been catching all the wild ones to get them fixed so we can help control the population. Then I let them go again and amazingly they flourish, but what a tough life. Cats are resilient!

    Lyric poems are hard for some people, but I love a poem that sometimes is just trying to sing and use language well. It will be fun to read some examples in class out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Megan I wrote about pizza in mine too! It's a great food in my opinion. Good for you for going into nursing. I could never be a nurse because I couldn't deal with all the blood and needles personally. That's why I am an English major, no blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, pizza. I might have to try out that pizza place. I didn't always used to live in Ohio, and when I moved here, I hated it. My mom and I moved from big city Baltimore to small town Mansfield, and I never forgave her for that. I never left the house and I didn't try to interact with other kids. It's been years since then, and I'm in Delaware now, and I really enjoy it here. I'm trying to branch out and become part of the community.
    I love kitties, too. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.